Powered by TeamSnap. Learn more about creating your own website.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the basic responsibilities of a team manager?
As Team Manager, you are the liaison between the coach, club and the parents. Your primary job is to handle and oversee the team administration, including:
• Register team in league play and any tournaments that the coach decides to play in.
• Maintain team roster and team contact info in Teamsnap
• Obtain player and staff cards and other necessary paperwork
• Administer, communicate and support coach’s development plans for the players and the team,
including communicating calendar of events.
• Enter practice and game schedule in Teamsnap
• Create and maintain Team Binder
• Order uniforms
• Build relationship with other teams in your league to schedule
scrimmages and coordinate game schedule (after input from coach).
• Create a team budget and submit financial assistance request if necessary.
• Ensure game day responsibilities are met including making sure that home game has referees
scheduled and that field is ready to play on (goals, corner flags…)
• Help with advertising and communicate tryouts
• Understand and communicate field rules
• Understand and familiarize yourself with the Parent Handbook
• Ensure that club team responsibilities are met.
• Attend club meetings
While you may choose to handle all of the team’s tasks above, it is recommended that you reach out to
your team parents to get assistance on some of the jobs.
Can we have co-team managers?
Yes, many teams decide to have co-Team Managers and split the duties involved.
When are the seasons?
Spring playing season runs approximately from last week in March/early April through end of May/first week of June, depending on the playing league and tournaments joined. Practice may have started anywhere from January to March, depending on the team.